The Pokémon GO, Poke Rader, and PokeFinder game applications are not to be installed and/or used in PNP property issued mobile devices such as smartphone, tablet, ipad and the like due to security concerns.
Installing the game applications may allow full access to the PNP mobile device’s information stored which can be exfiltrated, corrupted or control the device camera for eavesdropping activities. Criminals may use the application’s geolocation features to target and lure unsuspecting victims to them.
In this regard, PNP personnel that have installed any of these applications should remove them immediately from PNP property mobile devices.
Furthermore, playing and taking photographs using Pokémon GO while on duty or when inside PNP camps, offices or controlled facilities using their personal mobile devices are strictly prohibited due to operational security risks.
For widest dissemination.
To uninstall these apps, please follow the steps below on how to uninstall an app from an iOS or Android device.
1. Press and hold down any icon until all the icons begin to jiggle.
2. Tap the little x in the upper-left corner of the app you want to delete. A dialog appears, informing you that deleting this app also deletes all its data.
3. Tap the Delete button. Deleting an app from your iPhone this way doesn’t get rid of it permanently. The app remains in your iTunes library until you delete it from iTunes. Put another way: Even though you deleted the app from your iPhone, it’s still in your iTunes library.
1. Open the Settings app. You can delete any app that you’ve downloaded using the Settings app on your device.
2. Tap “Apps” or “Applications.”
3. Swipe to the “Downloads” tab.
4. Find and tap the app that you want to delete.
5. Tap the “Uninstall” button.
Furthermore, playing and taking photographs using Pokémon Go while on duty or when inside PNP camps, offices or controlled facilities using their personal mobile devices are prohibited due to operational security risks.